Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hi!

Vote:

I have problems with properties. In my current solution I need on all pages allow user directly change content on line (but not like DOPE). I'm using code like this: PropertyPageCreated.EditMode = true; changing state of properties. This is working correctly (I'm saving changes, deleting pages etc in code), but there is small problem some properties need to have this javascript file: system.js (especially properties with data). What should I do - add dynamically this javascript in code on all pages contains properties with datatime type, or maybe there is another solution? Regards
Oct 20, 2005 12:52
Vote:

Hi.
Did you came up with a solution?
Im kind of doing the same thing, though it is a migration from 4.62 to CMS 5 R2, so Im currently rewriting the pagetypes.

In my page type User Contorller I have

episerver:property id="propApplicationClosingDate" propertyname="ApplicationClosingDate" editmode="true" runat="server"

This is a Time/Date property.
When running the page and clicking the button to change date, I get an Error On Page message: Object doesn't support this property or method.

Feb 24, 2009 8:49
Vote:

Maybe this can help you:

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=20779&epslanguage=en

A way to include system.js with help of VirtualPathMappings

/Hans 

Feb 24, 2009 10:32
Vote:

Smart thing, but my issue isn't related to any "missing files" or shall we say "Access to files".
I now see that I can't seem to get the edited value. Gosh....

I have several episerver:property with editmode="true".

Say, one with ID="myPropString" wich then is of PropertyType String.
When I edit that property in viewmode and click save I do:

myPropString.PropertyValue.ToString()

The result is actualy the value the property had before I edited it.
I could certanly rewrite it to use asp:textbox and then just ask for the myTB.ToString(), but it really nags me.
Did I miss a memo?
Why can't I after migration use <episerver:propery editmode="true" ...../>
And in code-behind actually GET the edited values?

Feb 24, 2009 11:42
Vote:

Feb 24, 2009 19:39
Vote:

Ah, thanks for the pointer Hans :)
Feb 25, 2009 12:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.