Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

..inaccessible due to its protection level

Vote:

Hi there, I build a project after some minor changes (changing some CCS properties) in different files. when building I get this message for the 'developement.Templates.Units.TopMenu.MenuListControl'. The MenuListControl is called from DefaultFramework-file. Any idea what has happened here? Thanks!
Feb 03, 2004 9:32
Vote:

VS.NET has changed the scope of the MenuListControl from public to protected (in TopMenu.ascx.cs) Make it public, and everything should work as before. This can happen if you change the topmenu user control in the VS.NET Web Forms designer. The top menu and the left menu are using the same datasource, that is why the MenuListControl must be public, so it's datasource can be read from outside the usercontrol.
Feb 03, 2004 16:52
Vote:

We have had a couple of reports about this. The control is set to public in the standard templates that comes with the installation. However something seems to change the setting to protected. It may be that the visual studio web form designer changes this value when you open the page in design view. We have not been able to reproduce the problem at Elektropost. More information about the problem is appreciated.
Feb 03, 2004 16:57
Vote:

Yes, that's right! The problem is when the source file is openned on VS.NET, it opens it first on design mode. But I can't either say if the problem is the design mode. It's anyway a VS.NET problem! Thanks for the reply!
Feb 04, 2004 13:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.