Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mixed authentication (forms and windows)

Vote:

An EPiServer site is using forms authentication to enable outside users create a user profile and logon. In IIS the whole site is open for the "iis anonymous user". Authentication is performed by EPiServer using forms for protected pages (extranet). I want the /edit and /admin directories to use windows authentication with integrated security instead (so that internal editors dont need any login). I can turn off anonumous access in IIS. This causes the windows login box to pop up, but I still need to logon through EPiServers form as well. Any ideas how to get integrated security on /edit and /admin while the rest of the site uses episerver forms authentication?
Jan 20, 2004 13:06
Vote:

Mixing Forms and Windows authentication is not supported in ASP.NET 1.x. It has been said that ASP.NET 2.0 will support this. Using the BasicAuthentication filter will accomplish this, but only for Basic Authentication, not Integrated Windows Authentication. For more information about the Basic Authentication filter, see www.episerver.com/technotes
Jan 20, 2004 15:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.