Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with EPiServer 8 upgrade

Vote:

I tried the preview upgrade on a project with the SiteSeeker module on it yesterday and most of it did go well but I have one problem that I can't figure out what it is.

We have this class

public class IntraSiteSeekerConfiguration : EPiServerSiteSeekerConfiguration
    {
        public CustomerSiteSeekerConfiguration()
            : base(new SiteSeekerServiceOverride(), 
                   new SiteSeekerServiceOverride())
        {
        }
    }

And the baseClass looks like this:

public class EPiServerSiteSeekerConfiguration : SiteSeekerConfiguration
    {
        public EPiServerSiteSeekerConfiguration(params SiteSeekerServiceOverride[] serviceOverrides);
    }

The error we get is this: (sorry for the swedish in the message)

[NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.]
SiteSeeker.EPiServer.InitializeEPiServerSupport.LoadAssembly(String name) +71
SiteSeeker.EPiServer.InitializeEPiServerSupport.LoadAssembly(Int32 major, Int32 minor) +57
SiteSeeker.EPiServer.InitializeEPiServerSupport.LoadAssembly() +22
SiteSeeker.EPiServer.EPiServerSiteSeekerConfiguration.ConfigureEPiServerVersionSpecificOverrides(SiteSeekerServiceOverride[] serviceOverrides) +15
SiteSeeker.EPiServer.EPiServerSiteSeekerConfiguration..ctor(SiteSeekerServiceOverride[] serviceOverrides) +53
Customer.Web.Framework.SiteSeeker.CustomerSiteSeekerConfiguration..ctor() in c:\Git\Customer\Customer.Web\Framework\SiteSeeker\CustomerSiteSeekerConfiguration.cs:10
Customer.Web.Global.Application_Start() in c:\Git\Customer\Customer.Web\Global.asax.cs:17

[HttpException (0x80004005): Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9914941
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +364
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +290

[HttpException (0x80004005): Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9931632
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +191

Anyone got any clue?

Feb 19, 2015 7:55
Vote:

Peek into ConfigureEPiServerVersionSpecificOverrides(), I'd guess there's some hard coded stuff not handling v8 in there.

Did you upgrade SiteSeeker module at the same time? We saw some problems with that: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=116859

Feb 22, 2015 8:17
Vote:

Thanks Johan.

I talked to the support for SiteSeeker and they have confirmed that it is a bug that the integration module tries to load a support module that have no version that support version eight yet.

They are working on it 

Feb 22, 2015 9:08
Vote:

I've the same problem. Please keep me updated on any progress, thank you.

Feb 26, 2015 10:32
Vote:

Will do that Sven

Feb 26, 2015 10:50
Vote:

Tjenare Henrik

Jag får något liknande fel. Fast mitt fel är på engelska?? Vad kan det bero på?

Säg till mig me när SiteSeeker har en fix är du snäll

//Erik

Mar 13, 2015 14:01
Vote:

Hi

Just wanted to update everyone that we now have a fix for this issue. Please contact SiteSeeker support to request it.

Best regards

/Per

Apr 14, 2015 16:48
Vote:

Still only beta. Right? 

Apr 14, 2015 16:53
Vote:

Yes, we have an internal discussion around this and will update the thread if anything changes.

Apr 14, 2015 16:55
Vote:

Is 4.2.9251-beta the latest version? Got it 1/4 from Siteseeker support.

I still got the problem with that version and Episerver version 8.5.0.0

Update: got feedback from Siteseeker support again: apparently something wrong with the package, so they mailed me som new DLLs and with them it works with Episerver v8.5.0.0

Edited, Apr 24, 2015 15:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.