Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiplexing provider

Vote:

I'm writing a custom membership provider that calls our internal service. The problem is when custom membership provider is first it doesn't failback to sql. It works well if sql is first, but I need the custom provider to be first for performance reasons. This is part of my test web.config.

Feb 17, 2015 17:07
Vote:

Hi,

You need to change provider2="CloudNineMembershipProvider" to provider1="CloudNineMembershipProvider" and provider1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" to provider2="SqlServerMembershipProvider". Notice the number in the attribute, it's not the order of the attributes in web.config, it's the attribute names.

Edited, Feb 17, 2015 18:58
Vote:

Hi Johan,

I have done that. This is exacly when the error occurs. SqlServerMembershipProvider doesn't work then.

Is there a way to debug this?

Thanks,

L

Feb 18, 2015 10:34
Vote:

Hi,

The workaround to debug this would be to disassemble EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider and switch the namespace in web.config from:

type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Framework"

to your own type.

Then you should be able to figure out what actually executes.

Check as well, if your role providers are set correctly, in particular providerMap1, providerMap2, providerMap3...

BR,

Marija

Feb 19, 2015 12:52
Vote:

It's worth bearing in mind that you can configure different sets of membership providers for different environments. Assuming your high performance provider is only required for the front end then you can simply use this provider and configure the SqlMembership provider out.

For your edit/admin you can multiplex and/or use the SqlMembership provider only.

Feb 20, 2015 9:41
Vote:

awesome ! :)

Mar 04, 2015 4:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.