Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Creating a contact feature adding duplicates, Commerce version:13.23.1.0

Vote:

Hi,

The 'Create a contact with account' feature is adding duplicate contacts in 'Commerce'. This is leading to issues while the contact is trying to login or do any operations.

How can we overcome this?

May 11, 2021 5:42
Vote:

Hi Janakiram,

It will be helpful if you could share more details.

Are you trying to Create a login account to Contact in Commerce manager ? is CMS user acocunt created separately ? 

//M

Edited, Jun 12, 2021 22:41
Vote:

Thanks for the replay.

I am using  'Create a contact with account' feature in commerce to add new useraccount, it is allowing multiple user creation with same email.

Unfortunately, I can't add hyperlinks or images to explain more in detail.

Jun 14, 2021 3:30
Vote:

It would help the question is more clear, but I guess the problem you have is that Commerce Manager allows creating contact even there was an existing contact with same email address associated? 

Jun 14, 2021 8:53
Vote:

Yes Quan.

@Janakiram, please check if there is an user-account with same email before adding another and just add Contact entry in Commerce Manager with same email id. Check if that works fine.

Jun 14, 2021 10:43
Vote:

Hi  Quan & Mouneswar,

We dont want to create a new user with the email that already has an account in the commerece. Can we achieve that?

Jun 15, 2021 3:41
Vote:

Commerce Manager does allow to create Contacts with duplicate email ids, internally it maintains ContactId and UserId which are unique.

You can achieve this programmatically either while creating the account or on first login, however it depends on how the user management is implemented in your solution.

Jun 15, 2021 21:41
Vote:

@Janakiram

Are you using membership or custom implementation? i.e. owin?

If its membership then you add

requiresUniqueEmail="true"

to your web.configs otherwise you can do as Mouneshwar suggested and code it in your custom implementation

Edited, Jul 05, 2021 12:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.