Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Display upsell promotions on cart page

Vote:

The promotion

In the marketing system a promotion is created:

Buy for more than $500, and get Product-A with a 50% discount

The promotion works just fine when Product-A is in the cart and the order total is > $500

But if the order total is less than $500 we want to inform the customer that he is missing out on a great discount

How do I implement this feature?

I see at least a few options when loading the cart page

1. An a ContentReference property to the CartPage to allow the editor to choose what promotion to display. But how can a editor select a promotion?
  2. Loop through all active campaigns and find the first order level promotion and hope that this is the correct one
  3. Extend the promotion with a checkbox "bool ShowOnBasketPage" - makes it easier to determine what promotion to show on the cart page

Any recommendations?

Apr 23, 2020 7:16
Vote:

Create a ContentArea property to add your promotions and apply personalizations based on visitor group criteria.

You can create visitor group criteria based on Total Spent. For that you will need to create a custom criteria. In that you can calulate the cart total.

Let me know if you need help in creating custom visitor group criteria.

Help ful links:

https://www.jondjones.com/learn-episerver-cms/episerver-developers-tutorials/episerver-visitor-groups/how-to-create-a-custom-visitor-group-criteria-in-episerver-7/

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/personalization/developing-custom-visitor-group-criteria/

Apr 23, 2020 8:00
Vote:

Thanks Praful,

But how can the editor choose promotions in the UI?

Apr 23, 2020 8:03
Vote:

Why you want to select the promotion in field? You can create a block and add promo code into the content of that block. Then apply the personalization on that block, for minimum purchase of 500 to show content of that block (to show promo code).

Apr 23, 2020 8:27
Vote:

I want to show the promotion banner regardless of the current cart total.

However I would like to give the editor the option to choose what promotion to display on the cart page. 

This can ofcourse be done by creating a new block item and inserting that into the new content area on the CartPage.

But since the promotion is created in the marketing system with nice texts and image I would like to be able to display these on the cart page to the customer

Apr 23, 2020 8:50
Vote:

In that case, create a property list type (single/multi select) on cart page and pull data (promotions) for that, using PromotionEngineContentLoader.GetPromotions() and bind to that list. Now Editors will have to choose the promotion(s) to show on cart page. and you can pull the information of the selected promotion(s) to render on cart page.

Also, when you want to pull the information for selected promotion(s), you can filter using linq with PromotionEngineContentLoader.GetPromotions().Select() statement. That should work.

Apr 23, 2020 13:05
Vote:

A more automated way could be to get all active promotions and filter them for the products in the cart, if they have a promotion attached to them.

You could combine the "techniques" I wrote about in these posts New Promotions and their Banners, Getting all products a promotion applies to

Apr 24, 2020 7:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.