Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Entry Promotion with % off, and a maximum amount?

Vote:

Hi Everyone,

I have an Entry Promotion for 10% off.  I want to limit the maximum amount of the discount so that it doesn't give more than $500 off in a single order.

Is there any way I can accomplish this?

Thanks,
 - Ken

Feb 27, 2020 16:36
Vote:

Hey Ken,

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to create a custom promotion and you can implement the logic you want in your processor. 

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/marketing/custom-promotions/

Feb 27, 2020 17:05
Vote:

Hi Joel,

Indeed, we already use our own custom promotions & custom processors. 
But within our custom logic, we like to leverage built-in Epi classes/methods wherever we can. 
For example, our custom logic still uses:

var redemption = CreateRedemptionDescription(affectedEntries); // EPI FUNCTION

return _rewardDescriptionFactory.GetPercentageRewardDescription(promo, redemption, promo.Discount.Percentage); // EPI FUNCTION

So I'm wondering if there is anything built-in that we could leverage to allow a % off discount, while enforcing a maximum discount amount?

Feb 27, 2020 17:31
Vote:

I don't think there is a builtin feature for it, or there is an easy way to do it. Well, unless I overlooked 

Feb 28, 2020 8:13
Vote:

Since it's fairly simple logic, I would just create my own custom processor and implement the logic there. You can take inspiration from how the built in promotions are built and just tweak the logic so you implement your barrier :)

Feb 28, 2020 8:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.