Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog content link becomes a null after the site restarts

Vote:

We have a page property which holds a catalog content:

[Display(
Name = "Root",
Description = "",
GroupName = CustomTabNames.SettingsTabs.Pages,
Order = 10)]
[UIHint(EPiServer.Commerce.UIHint.CatalogNode)]
public virtual ContentReference Catalog { get; set; }

Everything worked fine untill the latest update. From now, the property becomes a null after the site restarts. If I open the page in the edit mode, the property seems like assigned, but If I read it from code, I am getting null. If I change something and republish the page, everything works fine until the next site restart. The same property placed inside of a block works as usual.

Other properties linked with cms content (pages, media) work fine.

What may be a reason the behavior?

The latest versions CMS, Find, Commerce, Personalization installed at the moment.

Oct 06, 2020 20:21
Vote:

Hi, We are experiencing the same issue after updating to latest nuget version. Which version did you first experience this in and did you find a solution? Did you post a bug to episerver about this?

Oct 23, 2020 8:59
Vote:

I will ask Commerce team to look into this. Thank you for bringing this into our attention

Oct 23, 2020 9:30
Vote:

QA reported back that they can't reproduce the issue. Can you test a bit more and consolidate the reproduce steps?

Oct 26, 2020 8:26
Vote:

Total long shot, does setting the appsetting as described here help:

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Magnus-Rahl/Dates/2020/8/episerver-cms-11-18-0-delisted-from-nuget-feed/

Oct 26, 2020 18:00
Vote:

We have the same issue!
When the site is restarted the values are null until the page is published again

[UIHint(EPiServer.Commerce.UIHint.CatalogEntry)]
[Display(GroupName = SiteTabs.Manadsgivare, Order = 110)]
public virtual ContentReference AutogiroProduct { get; set; }

[UIHint(EPiServer.Commerce.UIHint.CatalogEntry)]
[Display(GroupName = SiteTabs.Manadsgivare, Order = 110)]
public virtual ContentReference BecomeMemberProduct { get; set; }

My guess is Castle Core adds a suffix _DynamicProxy instead for Proxy on the EPiServer.Core.Content,
and the contentreference is pointing to commerce that is a complexreference with provider information. 
Thats my guess..

It works When we add to web.config
<add key="episerver:setoption:EPiServer.Core.ContentOptions.ProxyType,EPiServer" value="Castle" />

Maybe add that key in the DXC settings to make sure it works 

Edited, Nov 06, 2020 14:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.