Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Trigger ProcessPayment

Vote:

We have implemented a custom payment provicer which works fine when buying with credit card.
We get an Authorization on the payment, and when entering commerce manager and release the shipment and setting the shipment as delivered it triggers a ProcessPayment on the PaymentGateway which makes a capture request to the payment provider for the credit, everything fine so far.

But we have some items that's doesn't need to be shipped, so i tried to set the shipment status as shipped from code as soon the payment is completed, but this doesn't trigger ProcessPayment. Even if i say cart.ProcessPayment my method doesn't seem to be invoked. 

Should I do this in some other way or is it another status I can set to call the payment gateway and make a capture request?

Mar 13, 2019 9:02
Vote:

So you want to call ProcessPaymentActivity without making changes to inventory system? I guess you are talking about digital content as download code? 

Mar 14, 2019 10:16
Vote:

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. For example, selling a PDF.

Mar 14, 2019 16:25
Vote:

Hi Daniel

I have done something similar for digital content only. In (very) short:

1. Call ProcessPayments on the cart, doing authorization.
  2. Convert cart to purchase order.
  3. Set OrderShipmentStatus on shipment to Released.
  4. Provision the digital content.
  5. Set OrderShipmentStatus on shipment to Shipped.
  6. Call ProcessPayments on the purchase order, doing capture.
Mar 29, 2019 13:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.