Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce Manager - cannot add Lineitem to existing Order

Vote:

Commerce 12.11.0

When I try to add a line item to an existing Order in Commerce Manager, I get the following error

The Product '' does not have a valid max quantity setting and was removed from your cart.

The variation has the Inventory Min and Max Quantity set to 0 and not Tracked. 

Increasing the max quantity doesn't resolve the error.

The error only occurs in Commerce Manager, adding the same item to cart via the front end website works. 

Mar 26, 2019 2:32
Vote:

Tracked is for inventory, and does not affect the MaxQuantity setting. For example you might have SKUs that you don't want to track inventory, but you want to make sure each customer can only buy at max 3 pieces per cart (quite common for groceries )

You can add the item to cart in front end because you might have different validation there. But I find it strange when you say changing max quantity does not help.

Mar 26, 2019 5:25
Vote:

Hi Quan, I'm also at a loss as to why increasing max quantity doesn't help as the error message suggests.

For front end cart validation, I'm using cart.ValidateOrRemoveLineItems method. Is the Commerce Manager not using the same validation workflow ?

Mar 28, 2019 23:17
Vote:

If you use the default workflows, yes

Mar 29, 2019 7:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.