Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable Cart Cleanup For A Specific Cart (11.8.2)

Vote:

We have implemented 2 carts, one for our cart and one for a wishlist however we don't want the wishlist to be cleared when the cart cleanup job runs. Is there a way to disable this for a specific cart?

Apr 17, 2018 11:43
Vote:

Yes you can. Just set this up in appSettings episerver:ExpiredCartsRemovalJobExcludedCartName, and you should be fine

Apr 17, 2018 12:16
Vote:

Fantastic, thanks. Nice to see an OTB solution for this one :-)

Apr 17, 2018 12:19
Vote:

<p>For anyone seeing this post after me, the full reference list i've seen is located here&nbsp;<a href="/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/configuration/feature-specific-commerce-configurations/">https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/configuration/feature-specific-commerce-configurations/</a>. It also says in these docs that if you've named your wish list&nbsp;Wishlist it will be excluded automatically, however looking at the decompiled code and QuickSilver at the the actual string is&nbsp;WishList with an uppercase L. Quan&nbsp;I think this documentation needs updating, I tried to comment on the page but comments seem to be broken for me, submitting just goes to a blank page.</p>
Apr 17, 2018 12:47
Vote:

I updated the document and marked it as ready for review. However it's quite strange that Wishlist does not work. The cart name is supposed to be case insensitive ... 

Apr 17, 2018 15:43
Vote:

Thanks,

I have not tried the code to actually test it with Wishlist, I was just raisingit as it's different than the literal string and the quicksilver guide. I'd also briefly looked at the code and there looked to be a literal comparison that was case sensitive but this is actually on the legacy cart method that uses a SQL string. I think RemoveExpiredSerializableCart looks like it would work. I think it's better that it's matching at least so others don't see similar issues.

I've done a blob post on this whole area so hopefully others will see it when asking similar issues.

Apr 17, 2018 16:03
Vote:

Updated doc has been published.

Apr 17, 2018 17:08
Vote:

Updated doc has been published.

Apr 17, 2018 17:08
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.