Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce manager 11.8.0 run on IIS

Vote:

I have been trying to configure development environment on IIS and can't figure out what I'm missing. 

Almost everything is working:

• I can login to CMS
  • I can create new site
  • I can see catalog
  • I can change roles for user
  • Application completed migration steps
  • I created databases by using 'Initialize-EPiDatabase' and 'Update-EPiDatabase'

But I have problem with CommerceManager application.

If I enable Widows authorization I can see login form with correct styles. If I enter credentials (admin/store) I will get 'Access Denied' error (Your account does not have rights to access this feature of the commerce manager. Please contact your system administrator for more information.)

If I disable Widows authorization for CommerceManager application I will get the next error:

Url: http://localhost:7150/Apps/Shell/Pages/default.aspx

Error: 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.Controls.MetaToolbar.GetTopMenuWelcomeText(String resourceString) +51
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.Controls.MetaToolbar.BindFromObject(ToolBarItem[] itemCollection, List`1 toolbarItemsCollection) +738
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.Controls.MetaToolbar.BindToolbar() +392
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.Controls.MetaToolbar.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +164
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +164
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1435
Edited, Feb 13, 2018 10:52
Vote:

Hi,

I suppose you are creating a new site. I suggest to disable Windows authentication, and use the default AspNetIdentity implementation.

The login is admin@example.com/store, not admin/store. 

Feb 13, 2018 11:43
Vote:

Hi,

During the EPiServer Commerce installation process several files were missed and this led to such strange issue.

<Content Include="Apps\Customization\ColumnTemplates\ColumnsActions.GridEntity.CustomPage.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\ListViewProfiles\CustomPage.%40.%40.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\ListViewUI\CustomPage.%40.PageList.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\MetaView\%40.Customization.LeftMenuItem-List.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\MetaView\Portal.PortalCustomization.PortalCustomization.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\View\LeftMenuItem-List.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Config\View\Navigation\LeftMenu.xml" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\GridTemplates\LeftMenuItemActionsTemplate.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Images\hide.gif" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Images\show.gif" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\CustomPageEdit.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\CustomPages.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\LeftMenuItemAdd.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\LeftMenuItemEdit.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\LeftMenuItems.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\LeftMenuItemUpdate.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Modules\Publish.ascx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\CustomPageDesign.aspx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\CustomPageEdit.aspx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\LeftMenuItemAdd.aspx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\LeftMenuItemEdit.aspx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\LeftMenuItemUpdate.aspx" />
    <Content Include="Apps\Customization\Pages\Publish.aspx" />

Edited, Feb 20, 2018 12:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.