Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can I implement a multi-store marketplace with EPiServer Commerce?

Vote:

Hello,

I have a customer that wants to implement a site with a Marketplace where several providers offer their services. I have implemented EC sites where a single business offered its products, but I wondered if it is possible to extend this behaviour to multiple businesses easily. If so, can someone give me a hint about how this can be done?

Thank you and kind regards,

David

Feb 08, 2016 12:45
Vote:

Yes, this can be done however the UI does not support the access rights for this as of yet.  Usually a catalog is creating for each business wanting to sell on the site.  The challenge becomes management of the catalog as of now everyone sees all the catalogs.  If you can get a common feed the merchant can send the data to you, then you can have no need for them to login to see their catalog.  You will also need some processes to send the order data to each merchant after the user completes the purchase.  You will also need to have a way to update the status of the order when something ships.

Feb 08, 2016 14:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.