Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Get shipping fee based on weight of order

Vote:

Hi!

Basically I'm wondering how to set up shipping cost based on weight of the ordered items? For example, the base price for shipping is $5 then if the total weight > 1 kg add an extra $5 to the shipping cost. In CM, we have setup a shipping method with the weight/jurisdiction gateway. When calculating the shipping cost we do:

var methods = ShippingManager.GetShippingMethodsByMarket(MarketId.Default.Value, false).ShippingMethod;

var rates = methods.Where(shippingMethodRow =>

currentLanguage.Equals(shippingMethodRow.LanguageId, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) &&

String.Equals(currencyId, shippingMethodRow.Currency, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)).

OrderBy(shippingMethodRow => shippingMethodRow.Ordering).

Select(shippingMethodRow => GetRate(shipment, shippingMethodRow));

This selects the correct shipping method but GetRate returns null. Any ideas why or is there another(better?) way to do it?

We are using Commerce 9.4.

Thanks!

Dec 09, 2016 15:54
Vote:

Hi,

This's the right way to using weight jurisdiction gateway to get shipping rate. But when i look at your implement, i don't think the GetRate() used correctly. It should be 

GetRate(shippingMethodId, shipment, ref message);

There're some reasons GetRate returns null, i example shipment or shipment.ShippingAddress is null.

Dec 13, 2016 8:41
Vote:

Adding shippingAddress to the shipment did the trick, thank you!

Dec 13, 2016 11:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.