Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error loading Commerce Manager menu

Vote:

Hi all,

I upgraded our EPiServer CMS and Commerce Manager to the latest version. Current EPiServer Commerce Framework version: 8.16 (build: 1)
After that I cannot open Commerce manager. When I specified credentials and clicked "Log In" I obtained an error.

Before the update, I used the same user for Commerce Manager and everything worked well.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Aug 28, 2015 11:36
Vote:

Hi,

Have you Checked the modules path in web.config?

Regards
/K

Sep 01, 2015 9:47
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like you have one or more unsual PermissionType. Can you check the tblUserPermission table in CMS database to see if there is any permissions assign to your role (assummingly Administator) which has special characters?

Regards.

/Q

Sep 01, 2015 10:55
Vote:

I have only one role in this table

My EPiServer Shell section from web.config

<episerver.shell>
    <protectedModules rootPath="~/modules/"/>
    <publicModules rootPath="~/modules/" autoDiscovery="Minimal"/>
  </episerver.shell>

Thank you!
/Sergey

Edited, Sep 01, 2015 11:18
Vote:

Hi,

Did you get the migration steps run succesfully? 

Refer to this thread for more information: http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/EPiServer-Commerce/Thread-Container/2015/8/access-denied-to-cm-after-upgrade/

Regards,

/Q

Sep 01, 2015 11:24
Vote:

Oh wow! Thank you!

I have 8 not completed migration steps. I will let you know when they are completed.

Sep 01, 2015 13:04
Vote:

I have completed all migration steps. Now I have Access Denied to CM issue.

My new user permission table

And role manager looks like you recomended.

<roleManager enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" defaultProvider="CMSRoleProvider">
      <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" applicationName="MyCommerce" name="CMSRoleProvider"
type="Mediachase.Commerce.Customers.Profile.Providers.CustomerSqlRoleProvider, Mediachase.Commerce"/>
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

Sep 01, 2015 15:34
Vote:

Good - the only step missing is to restart CM clear the cache :)

Regards,

/Q

Sep 01, 2015 15:38
Vote:

I still cannot login. I've restarted and cleaned everything around me.

When I authorize my user successfully transferred to the default page. But the next request I have a user whose roles is not loaded.

HttpContext.Current.User[.m_roles] is empty

I checked out the manager role, it works fine.

Roles.GetRolesForUser("admin") returns ["Administrators", "WebAdmins", "WebEditors"]

Thank you.

Sergey

Sep 02, 2015 9:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.