Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error: Could not find any licenses for EPiServer Commerce

Vote:

I am having some problems with the ECommerce license for my local dev machine. 

My project uses EPiServer CMS and Commerce v7.9.0, so I have generated with https://license.episerver.com/extranetdev/generatedeveloperlicense.aspx the following license:

- Product: Episerver 7

- License Type: EPiServer 7 Partner Developer License

- Bound Input: MAC

I have placed that license in the application root folder. The initial "The license file E:\..\License.config does not exist" dissapeared, but now I am having the following error: "Could not find any licenses for EPiServer Commerce" (http://screencast.com/t/dNvgJqEv4lwE). 

I read that the Episerver license for version v7 contains the Commerce license, so I don't know why I am getting this issue. I have also tried to generate a separate Commerce license but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to solve this error?

Jun 16, 2015 15:57
Vote:

I'm having same problem. If i clear all browser history it goes away but with next refresh it came back again. 

Please share if anyone has solution

Jun 16, 2015 16:46
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like this is an issue with the site. Try again later to get another license which include Commerce license.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 16, 2015 16:59
Vote:

Hi Quan

I have generated CMS 7 licence & copied to website/commerce root folders but no luck. I have generated commerce specific licence and copied to website/commerce root folders but still it is not working. As you said i'll try again in 1 hour.

Regards

Naveed

Jun 16, 2015 17:06
Vote:

I am using the newly generated license from that url and it's working for me. It looks like you have to select EPiServer 7 Customer Developer License instead.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 17, 2015 10:11
Vote:

Thanks Quan. It worked with EPiServer 7 Customer Developer License. Is there any change? because i always use to work with Partner Developer licence.

Jun 17, 2015 10:35
Vote:

I don't really know - as we have internal system so I rarely use the "public" one. But from my vague memory it looks like you need to use EPiServer 7 Customer Developer License from long ago.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 17, 2015 10:51
Vote:

Same here, it worked with EPiServer 7 Customer Developer License.

They should really put their a note or something about this issue/behavior.

Thanks Quan for the advice. 

Jun 17, 2015 10:57
Vote:

I see the exact same error when using the 'Free Demo License' that is valid for 30 days.

Is it possible for regular customers that develop their own website to get an EPiServer 7 customer Developer License? For my account I do not see the developer license option on license.episerver.com.

Jun 24, 2015 11:07
Vote:

the exact same error when using the 'Free Demo License' that is valid for 30 days. Any solutions to this? 

Jul 03, 2015 15:21
Vote:

Hi all, 

This error (Could not find any licenses for EPiServer Commerce) occurred due to a configuration issue in our license generating system. The problem was that, generating a EPiServer 7 Demo/developer license doens't include all products (Commerce, Relate+,ConnectForShare, ConenctForCrm) rahter include only CMS (EPiServer). If you open your (non-working license) you should only see following in license.config :

<License Name="EPiServer" xmlns="">

</License>

The issue was fixed on 18th June already and generating a new license (demo/developer) should help you. When generating a new EPiServer 7 demo/developer license, the file should contain following:

<License Name="EPiServer" xmlns="">
</License>
<License Name="EPiServer Commerce" xmlns="">
</License>
</License>
<License Name="ConnectForCrm" xmlns="">
</License>
<License Name="ConnectForSharePoint" xmlns="">
</License>

/Shahid

Jul 09, 2015 5:49
Vote:

I have just retrieved a new license, but the issue is still there. The license does contain multiple sections, but instead of

<License Name="EPiServer Commerce" xmlns=""> (what I found in an old license file that worked)

it contains

<License Name="EPiServerCommerce" xmlns=""> (found in the new license file)

Edited, Jul 09, 2015 9:09
Vote:

Hi Rene, 

Cloud you please write your license number (can be seen in license.config <LicenseNumber>XXXXXXX</LicenseNumber>) here. I will check it up asap.

Jul 09, 2015 9:24
Vote:

It is a 30-day demo license with licensenumber 367805

<LicensedTo>Rene de Wit</LicensedTo>

<LicensedCompany>KEYMUSIC</LicensedCompany>

<LicenseNumber>367805</LicenseNumber>

<LicenseRevision>367805</LicenseRevision>

<LicenseType>30-Day Demo License</LicenseType>

<LicenseCreated>2015-07-09 09:01:38</LicenseCreated>

Jul 09, 2015 9:30
Vote:

Hi Rene,
Thanks. I have resent you the license file and it should work now. Thanks for your feedback.'

/Shahid

Jul 09, 2015 9:34
Vote:

It works, thanks for the quick response :)

Jul 09, 2015 9:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.