Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflow project breaks after update

Vote:

Hi,

The workflow project (from the code samples) breaks when updating the episerver framework package. Execute the following steps to reproduce:

• Download http://world.episerver.com/download/Items/EPiServer-Commerce/episerver-commerce-8-tools-and-code-samples
  • Extract and open
  • Reference EPiServer.Commerce.Core 8.10.0
  • Upgrade EPiServer.Framework to 8.30
  • Re-build
  • Buid exception: Error6Compilation failed. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Is this a known issue or does anyone has a solution for this?

Regards,

Jeroen

Mar 27, 2015 16:40
Vote:

Hi,

This is a known issue, related to Msbuild target for workflow. You'll need to revert back to previous version of EPiServer Framework, instead of 8.3. In other words: update EPiServer.Commerce only, do not update EPiServer.CMS.Core/EPiServer.Framework manually.

Regards.

/Q

Mar 28, 2015 0:57
Vote:

Hi,

Is this something you guys are working on? It is important that I can keep the system up-to-date and that I can keep my references consistent.

Mar 30, 2015 9:36
Vote:

Hi

We have plans to remove dependencies on Windows Workflow Foundation on upcoming major release - possibly Commerce 9. Right now this is something we have to live with - to stay with the version Commerce built with - sorry for your inconvenient.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Mar 30, 2015 9:46
Vote:

This is great news Quan, I had the same probs in CMS 7.19.2. What i did was to download 7.19.1 separatly, and referenced my workflow project to these DLLs.

Apr 02, 2015 10:41
Vote:

Hi Quan,

Should this be fixed with yesterdays release?  I am having issues and am not sure if it is the same issue?

Thanks

Adam

May 26, 2015 17:03
Vote:

Hi,

No, unfortunately the real fix will only come with Commerce 9. Right now the solution is to update Commerce "only" and let it figures out which version suits it best. Don't force an update on Framework or CMS.Core package.

Regards.

/Q

May 26, 2015 17:07
Vote:

Hey Q,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't suppose you have a copy of a packages.config for workflows, do you?  Also can I upgrade the other projects and just leave the workflow project on a lower version?

May 26, 2015 17:15
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.