Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cache in Catalog GUI? - Commerce 8.17

Vote:

Hi

Is there some kind of cache in the new Catalog gui?

Becouse when I make some changes in Backend Commerce Manager, like in relation entry, and when I go to the new Catalog gui, there are still some some old settings.

Is there any way to make this to see on the fly?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2015 14:58
Vote:

Hi,

Yes we use cache, but the cache should be properly cleared when you make some updates in Commerce Manager. If not, it is a bug. Can you list detailed steps to show that the cache was not cleared properly?

Regards,

/Q

Oct 19, 2015 16:21
Vote:

If changes to the catalog in Commerce Manager are not reflected on the frontend site (but are so if you restart the frontend site application pool), the first thing I would suspect a problem in the remote event configuration or network problem.

Oct 19, 2015 18:50
Vote:

<services>
      <service name="EPiServer.Events.Remote.EventReplication" behaviorConfiguration="DebugServiceBehaviour">
        <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceEndPoint" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" address="soap.udp://239.255.255.19:5000/RemoteEventService" />
      </service>
    </services>
    <client>
      <!-- Uncomment this endpoint and the "RemoteEventServiceEndPoint" to enable remote events -->
      <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceClientEndPoint" address="soap.udp://239.255.255.19:5000/RemoteEventService" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" />
    </client>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior name="DebugServiceBehaviour">
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
        </behavior>
        <behavior name="EPiServer.Business.Commerce.EventServiceBehavior">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
        </behavior>
        <behavior name="CommerceSiteBehavior">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
      <endpointBehaviors>
        <behavior name="EventServiceEndpointBehavior">
          <webHttp />
        </behavior>
      </endpointBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    <bindings>
      <customBinding>
        <binding name="RemoteEventsBinding">
          <binaryMessageEncoding />
          <udpTransportCustom multicast="True" />
        </binding>
      </customBinding>
    </bindings>

As Magnus mentioned, It works perfectly in my enviornments. Check Commerce Manager and front site Both. There may be chances UDP is not working, In this case you can switch to other protocols. 

Regards
Khurram

Oct 21, 2015 11:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.