Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflows require the specific version of EPiServer.Framework and EPiServer.Licensing and that causes issues after updates

tss
tss
Vote:

Hi Guys

How do you work around the issues with compiling the workflows during your normal builds when they take a dependency on a older version of EPiServer.Framework and EPiServer.Licensing?

My problem is that everytime EPiServer releases a new version of EPiServer.Framework they dont release a new version of EPiServer.Commerce compiled against the new version, but workflows require the specific version to compile correctly even with assembly redirects and all the stuff in place.

Currently I fix the issue by having the old version of EPiServer.Framework but disable "Copy Local" in the Workflow and Workflow Activities library.

But I still end up with a warning in my build log telling me that I have different versions of the same assembly referenced.

Could EPiServer release a version of Commerce compiled against the latest Framework every time they relase a new Framework version or is there some solid fix for the issue?

Feb 25, 2014 9:28
Vote:

Hmm. strange. Assembly redirects should affect also WWF. When you receive this error - when loading or executing the WF ?

Mar 05, 2014 0:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.