Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Indexing processor state is Closed.

Vote:

Hi all

Once in a while, the Commerce Seach Index Processer ends up in state closed. We are seing this in both development and testing environments. In these situations, it is not possible to Build or Rebuild the index. Clicking on the Validate and Invalidate buttons does not change anything.

What does state Closed mean, and how do we get the processer out of this state?

An iisreset changes the state, but that is not a very attactive option in production (which we haven't reached yet).

Regards

Anders

Feb 17, 2014 9:38
Vote:

I've met the same.

Does anybody now what Closed state means?

Feb 25, 2014 9:12
Vote:

I have received no reply to this thread, so I have created an EPiServer Support case yesterday.

Regards

Anders

Feb 25, 2014 9:26
Vote:

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this?

Apr 02, 2014 1:01
Vote:

Hi Yauheni

No, unfortunately not. I did get in touch with EPiServer Support, but they asked for more help on recreating the problem and in logging information. Unfortunately I can't reliably reproduce the issue, so I haven't been able to provide the needed information to EPiServer support, and I haven't had the time to look that much into the problem. This means that my support case was closed again.

If you can reproduce the problem reliably, I suggest that you create a new support case to EPiServer.

Regards

Anders

Apr 02, 2014 9:30
Vote:

We're also experiencing this a lot. It *seems* to be every time we import new products programatically, that the index is suddenly invalid and needs to be rebuilt. But I don't know for sure what causes it, and - as you - we can't reliably reproduce it.

Shouldn't this index have a triggered update when updating things when using IContentRepository - or is this already handled?

Aug 24, 2015 9:53
Vote:

Hi,

Which version are you using?

There was a bug in Commerce when you change create a node, all catalog entries will be re-indexed: http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/121067

This was fixed in 8.9 release.

Regards,

/Q

Aug 24, 2015 11:42
Vote:

Ah, we just recently upgraded past 8.9, so then it might have been fixed. I'll try to keep this thread updated if I notice anything new.

Aug 24, 2015 12:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.