Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Values for PropertyDictionaryMultiple in CM doesn't show in new Catalogue view

Vote:

I'm running Commerce 7.7.2 and am trying to create strongly typed Multiple Dictionary and fill in values from Commerce Manager without any luck. The property I specified in my model looks like:

[Display(Name = "Format", Order = 320)]
[BackingType(typeof(PropertyDictionaryMultiple))]
public virtual ItemCollection FormatCollection { get; set; }

Which should be correct, and I can see my property in the catalogue view as well, the problem comes when I'm trying to fill in values for that property. When I go to Commerce Manager I can't see the property at all, I assume that my strongly type only is supported in the new Catalogue View (?), so I've manually created the exact same property with same name and values in Commerce Manager, connected it to my model, and created some dummy values, but those values doesn't show up in the catalogue view.

My site is originally an 6R3a site upgraded to 7.7.2, and I have some multiple dictionaries from the old site, that is working correct, both in Commerce Manager and Catalogue, with the values showing up, but those properties were created in the previous version. When I manually created the property I choosed "ordlista" (dictionary in english), exact same as my properties from the previous version, but I can see a difference when I look at the overview over all properties, the old properties is of type "DictionaryMultiValue" but my newly created property is of type "DictionarySingleValue" so I assume this is why it is not working, but when I create the new property manually the only thing I can choose is "ordlista" (dictionary) and that is the same as the previous properties.

According to this link both multiple and single dictionary is supported in 7.7.2:

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Commerce/75/Content/Working-with-the-Catalog-as-IContent/

Anyone with info on this? Help much appreciated.

/Johannes

Nov 25, 2014 14:21
Vote:

Seemed my epi site pointed to correct CM site, but pointed to an different db than my CM site did, that was the reason behind the issue, I changed to correct db and now it is working.

/J

Nov 27, 2014 11:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.