Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access commerce manager from episerver cms

Vote:

Hi,

We are using Episerver CMS 7.5 (ver. 7.17.0.0) and have our Commerce Manager site hosted in a separate environment on version 7.5 (build 394). 

We'd like to have a central environment for the Commerce Manager site and be able to add the necessary web.config-configuration on our CMS site as well as referencing the mediachase binaries in the project references in order to develop for it. What configuration do I have to add in order for the central commerce manager to be available from the locally hosted CMS site? What necessary steps needs to be taken?

We want to avoid having to install a local Commerce Manager site for each development environment. 

Thanks for the replies, have a great weekend!

//Robin

Nov 28, 2014 9:36
Vote:

While I do not totally get your question, we provide a package http://nuget.episerver.com/en/OtherPages/Package/?packageId=EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration to allow access to Commerce Manager from CMS.

And we recommend to have your Commerce Manager updated to match with your CMS site version http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/Installing-EPiServer-updates/ .

Regards.

/Q 

Dec 01, 2014 8:04
Vote:

Yes, you need the ManagerIntegration package and then you should edit appsettings in web.config search for "CommerceManagerLink", which is the URL to the CM site. Normally this points to localhost but I assume you could point it remotely if you like. Make sure connectionstrings are updated accordingly if you host the database on different servers.

Dec 01, 2014 9:23
Vote:

As far as I understand your question, You always need a separate site for commerce manager, that Commerce manager site can be installed on each dev machine or on a shared server and through a host entry you can access that Commerce manager directly or If you want to have access using Online Center then Johan have answered your question.

Regards
/K

Dec 11, 2014 18:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.