Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CatalogService.svc

Vote:

I've tried to setup CatalogService.svc according SDK manuals and got following error: 

Cannot have two operations in the same contract with the same name, methods DeleteCatalogNode and DeleteCatalogNode in type Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.ICatalogSystem violate this rule. You can change the name of one of the operations by changing the method name or by using the Name property of OperationContractAttribute.

[ServiceContract(Name = "CatalogService", Namespace = "http://services.mediachase.com/ecf/50/catalogservice")]
public interface ICatalogSystem
{

[OperationContract(Name = "DeleteCatalogNode")]
    void DeleteCatalogNode(int catalogNodeId, int catalogId);

[OperationContract(Name = "DeleteCatalogNode")]
    void DeleteCatalogNode(int catalogNodeId);

}

Is it a bug or I did something wrong during setup?

Jan 03, 2014 12:46
Vote:

Hi,

This is indeed a bug. I filed a bug for this: Bug 110524: Error in Integration Service

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards.

/Q

Jan 06, 2014 2:50
Vote:

Hi Quan,

I am still seeing this bug in CatalogService.svc . Is this resolved ?

Cannot have two operations in the same contract with the same name, methods DeleteCatalogNode and DeleteCatalogNode in type Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.ICatalogSystem violate this rule. You can change the name of one of the operations by changing the method name or by using the Name property of OperationContractAttribute.

Thanks,

-Syed

May 16, 2014 20:47
Vote:

Hi,

Actually, the bug has been solved. Please note that when you update the Commerce manager site via nuget, the IntegrationService is not automatically updated. You need to copy dll from bin folder of CM to overwrite ones in bin folder of IntegrationService and update the assembly binding redirects in web.config as well.

I know this is not ideal - but that's what need to be done at the moment. We have plans to make it easier in the future.

Regards.

/Q

May 16, 2014 22:28
Vote:

Has anybody managed to get this service working on a v7.5+ deployment? 

I have followed the instuctions in the SDK and the above guidance. This has led me to having to include EPiServer.Framework.dll and EPiServer.Licensing.dll, over and above the updated versions of the dlls already present in the service Bin directory.

I am now however getting the following exception "StructureMap Exception Code: 202
No Default Instance defined for PluginFamily Mediachase.Commerce.Inventory.IWarehouseRepository, Mediachase.Commerce, Version=7.9.0.126, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6e58b501b34abce3".

Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Adam

Jul 02, 2014 10:46
Vote:

Hi Quan,

I am wondering have you got a chance to look into Adam issue posted (Jul 2, 2014). We are also haveing an issue, I am wondering if you have some quick solution that we can try or I will raise a support ticket.

Thanks
/K

Aug 12, 2014 11:41
Vote:

Hi,

If you have the Mediachase.Commerce.dll in bin folder 

then it should work. 

EDIT: Just tested my local site, and things seem to be good without extra configuration. I was wrong. You might need to copy dll from bin folder of Commerce Manager to bin folder of IntegrationService to see if it works.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Aug 12, 2014 11:53
Vote:

Tried the config changes mentioned – it gave a whole lot of dependency errors needing extra episerver dlls added to the bin folder – after that it complained about there being no section in the config (so I added that in from the site) – after all that the result was....... A slightly different error!

StructureMap Exception Code:  202
No Default Instance defined for PluginFamily EPiServer.Core.Transfer.IContentCopyHandler, EPiServer, Version=7.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7

Regards

/K

Aug 12, 2014 12:48
Vote:

Hi, 

As my updated post - I assumes wrongly about the confugation.

Here's the list of file in my bin folder:

AjaxControlToolkit.dll
EPiServer.ApplicationModules.dll
EPiServer.BaseLibrary.dll
EPiServer.Configuration.dll
EPiServer.Data.Cache.dll
EPiServer.Data.dll
EPiServer.dll
EPiServer.Enterprise.dll
EPiServer.Events.dll
EPiServer.Framework.dll
EPiServer.ImageLibrary.dll
EPiServer.Implementation.dll
EPiServer.Licensing.dll
EPiServer.LinkAnalyzer.dll
EPiServer.Shell.dll
EPiServer.Web.WebControls.dll
EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.dll
EPiServer.XForms.dll
Ionic.Zip.dll
Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.
Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.dll
Mediachase.Commerce.dll
Mediachase.Commerce.IntegrationServ
Mediachase.DataProvider.dll
Mediachase.FileUploader.dll
Mediachase.MetaDataPlus.dll
Mediachase.SqlDataProvider.dll

You might try to copy and paste these files to see if it works for you.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 12, 2014 12:55
Vote:

Not sure if we’re going forwards or backwards but here’s the error we see now:

Server Error in '/' Application.Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: virtualPath]   EPiServer.Shell.ShellInitialization.WaitForInitializeModules() +194
Aug 12, 2014 14:46
Vote:

It seems to be caused by EPiServer.Shell.dll, but at least I don't see it in my site. You can zip your IntegrationService folder and send it to me?

Regards.

/Q

Aug 13, 2014 4:30
Vote:

Thanks for posting in forums and responding so quickly. It gives a feel that at time of trouble we are not alone. 
Please check your email ;). 

Aug 14, 2014 17:00
Vote:

Seen nothing (From you) in my mail box. Did you forget my email address? ;) (quma @ episerver dot com)

/Q

Aug 15, 2014 5:29
Vote:

Mail was bounced as it contains a zip file I uploaded that on FTP (support.ep.se), you can find details in you email.
Regards
/K

Aug 15, 2014 10:08
Vote:

Thank you all for your feedbacks. With help from K Khan, I am now able to reproduce this issue. I will file a bug for this.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 18, 2014 11:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.