Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Commerce

Vote:

Hi

I have recently created the necessary csv files to import products into the episerver database. All works fine and I like the csv format for creating the products as compared to writing the whole code to import the products. I need to automate the process. Basically all I need to do is to create a file watcher and as soon a file is dropped in the folder it imports the file into the db. What I wanted to know is that whether there is a way to import the csv files in code using a web service or as API. I need to import all 8 type of csv files provided by episerver. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Mar 22, 2013 11:32
Vote:

You can find details on sdk.episerver.com

Direct APIs

Integration can be done using direct APIs in EPiServer Commerce. This can be used to import Catalogs, integrate with Order workflow and many other ways. There is a catalog import functionthat can be used to import the catalog programmatically. The catalog is stored in ZIP format (so we can include images as well as data in one file). You can unzip that file and you will find an XML file inside the zip package with a readable format.

Database Integration

EPiServer Commerce uses Microsoft SQL Server as the database for storing most of its data. This leads to a natural integration point with SQL Server. All of the data is stored in regular tables and fields including meta data information. SQL Server provides a rich infrastructure for data based integrationSQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is a tool that can be used to integrateProduct Catalogs, Inventory Data, Orders, Accounts, Customers and many other types of data.

If you are familiar with SSIS, this should be a straight forward process. The required fields are typically marked “not null” in the database(s) so they should be easy to spot. The rest depends on your specific implementation. Typically, you will want to manage a structure by adding entries and nodes into the structure tables (NodeEntryRelation and so on).

Catalog data from another EPiServer Commerce site to your EPiServer Commerce site

If you are moving a catalog from another EPiServer Commerce site into your EPiServer Commerce site, there is a catalog import and export feature that uses XML to make this task straightforward.

Catalog data from a non-EPiServer Commerce site to your EPiServer Commerce site

If you are moving data from a non-EPiServer Commerce site into an EPiServer Commerce site, you can use the catalog CSV import feature. The CSV import requires the end user to map fields from the non-EPiServer Commerce catalog system to matching catalog meta data fields in target EPiServer Commerce site. This can be problematic because EPiServer Commerce catalog system meta data fields may differ from one implementation to the next, depending on how the catalog system is configured.

Catalog data from a non-EPiServer Commerce site to your EPiServer Commerce site

The only other way to import data is for the developer to write a utility to import the data from the other system into EPiServer Commerce using the Catalog APIs. We have documented sample code that shows how to use Catalog System API data transfer objects being to create a catalog entry in the EPiServer Commerce here:

You would need to write code to iterate over your collection of non-EPiServer Commerce catalog entries. For each non-EPiServer Commerceentry, map the appropriate data fields from the other system to the corresponding properties of the EPiServer Commerce entry you create. If you choose to write this tool, make sure to copy all of the config files and references from your EPiServer Commerce project to the new utility project.

Edited, Mar 26, 2013 10:43
Vote:

thank Khurramkhang

Mar 26, 2013 13:57
Vote:

Hello everybody

I want an example of  tax csv 

thank

Apr 10, 2013 11:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.