Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Filter reserved querystring parameter?

Vote:

Was working with a variant of the FacetedBrowsing concept from the Enoteca examples but instead of using the location hash I'm using the pushState and using querystring parameters instead. When a facet gets activated a querystring parameter called filter is appended to the url but the logic of updating the product list goes through the ajax service call.

But when I take the generated url with some active filters and paste the url in to another browser I then listen to the querystrings since I instead as on the example site wants to load the products from codebehind for SEO purposes. But when the SearchController builds up the querystring for the search the filter querystring seems to affect how the searchresult get generated.

If I change the name of the filter querystring parameter to something else it all works and I get a search result. So it seems that the filter querystring is used by Commerce in some way and perhaps if I could figure out how I wouldn't have to manually parse the querystring parameter and send it in as a json string to mappedFilters but utilize it directly as the search controller seems to check for it.

So what are the correct setup of the filter querystring?

Feb 14, 2013 9:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.