Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

When trying to use windows accounts, strange things happens.

Vote:

I'm trying to get windows accounts into commerce so that I can connect a contact to a windows login.

I've set up MultiplexingRoleProvider like this:

<add name="MultiplexingRoleProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingRoleProvider, EPiServer" provider1="WindowsRoleProvider" provider2="CMSRoleProvider" providerMap1="WindowsMembership1Provider" providerMap2="CMSMembershipProvider" />

I've set up MultiplexingMembershipProvider like this:

<add name="MultiplexingMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider, EPiServer" provider1="WindowsMembershipProvider" provider2="CMSMembershipProvider" />

Now I can't seem to get a windows account into neither cms nor commerce. Now I've tried to set up a page so that only authenticated users can access it. With a new browser window, I get the login screen.

I can't login with my windows account there.

When logging in now with my default admin login I get an error message stating that commerce tried to delete the windows account. That doesn't make sense.

[Exception: The method or operation is not implemented.]
   EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.DeleteUser(String username, Boolean deleteAllRelatedData) +60
   System.Web.Security.Membership.DeleteUser(String username) +171
   EPiServer.Business.Commerce.HttpModules.ProfileModule.Profile_MigrateAnonymous(Object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs pe) +1762
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Q: How do I connect a windows account to a commerce contact?

Q: What is the profile module undertaking with Migrate_Anonymous, trying to delete the user, when logging in as administrator?

May 25, 2012 11:35
Vote:

The first question I have not tried to get to work yet.  I can take a look and get back to you.

The second question is trying to delete the anonymous user from the aspnet_users table.  I think it is getting confused and thinks your windows authtneication id is the anonymous id.  Try turning of anonymous identification in web.config then login then turn back on.

May 26, 2012 0:20
Vote:

Hi Carl,

Did you get this working? How?
See my related post http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=63501&epslanguage=en

Nov 21, 2012 8:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.