Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to validate other websites except primary one, while Completing the preprod or Prod deployement using Passportal

Vote:

When we are pusing any code from Integration to Preprod or  Preprod to Prod environement. In first step we click on the publish button and in second step we need to validate our changes before completing the publish. At this stage below screen appears

But, by default we are getting only one link, whick will redirect to the primary website only. I want to validate the all websites running on current instance before completing my deployment. Please suggest any way to get this done.

Many thanks in adavance..!!

Jan 21, 2022 12:04
Vote:

You'll have to set up custom domains that you want to use on the DXP for each environments slots and work with Optimizely support to configure them for the instance. Then when you deploy just got ot the relevant domains you've set up. Out of the box you only get one standard domain per slot/environment as multisite is a choice of the platform usage.

Jan 21, 2022 16:54
- Jan 21, 2022 17:06
We need to do the setup or it will be done by Optimizely support team?
Scott Reed - Jan 24, 2022 11:39
You would do this collaboratively with optimizely support. If you setting up domains in a third party domain management system you'll have to setup all of the records to forward on to cloudflare based upon settings that Optimizely give you, then they need to configure those domains in Azure/DXP. So it's a collaborative process. Best thing is to email them and kick start the process telling them you want to setup multiple domains. As Sebbe has posted there is the ability to push domains to the slot version so you'll only need all the main domains setup for each environment then you can user the x-ms-routing-name, you don't need ones specifically for the slots.
Vote:

Epinova have written a blog post about this: https://www.epinova.no/folg-med/blogg/2021/preview-dxp-slot-domain/

Short summary: add ?x-ms-routing-name=slot on the domain(s) you want to test. Then you will go against the slot instead

To go back, use ?x-ms-routing-name=self

Jan 22, 2022 11:28
Scott Reed - Jan 24, 2022 11:35
Yes if the domains are setup you can use this but first multiple domains will need to be configured with the DXP support team for this to work else all you have is the dxcloud defaults.
- Jan 24, 2022 11:41
Multiple domains are already there.
Scott Reed - Jan 24, 2022 11:42
If you've already setup multiple domains with Optimizely Support then there's no problem them, sounded like from your post you only had the default domain set up.
- Feb 11, 2022 8:52
Default url is something like this "https://****mstr39k4rprod-slot.dxcloud.episerver.net/" and i need to browse other website.
Do i need to browse the secondry website as below? or still need to do some configuration.
https://prod.my***net.com/?x-ms-routing-name=slot
Scott Reed - Feb 11, 2022 9:51
So to be clear the attribute that Sebbe has linked to is just to swap between the deployment slot and the main instance

That's just the default single URL assigned. If you have multiple domains/websites then you'll need to have them setup for each environment.

Each of these would need to be configured in your DNS system and added in by Optimizely to the pass portal/azure configuration and setup in the admin backend of the CMS.

E.g.
BRAND1Inte.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com
BRAND2Inte.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com
BRAND3Inte.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com

BRAND1Prep.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com
BRAND2Prep.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com
BRAND3Prep.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com

Then can use those domains to access the main instances on the environment or the deployment slot via the querystring x-ms-routing-name=slot
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.