Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

QBank main images remain in asset folder as junk when cropped image of the same is used

Vote:

Hi,

We are using Episerver CMS 11v for the website hosted with Epi managed services in cloud. We are using QBank for DAM media assets.

When we select any image from QBank, it creates a folder in Asset pane and store that image in our blob storage. But when we crop the same image and use the cropped image, old full image remains in the Asset pane as a junk. Our blob is growing with such lot of junks and I want to stop/clean those up.

One solution is that QBank overrides the image, other is to use some scheduled Job to clean up unreferenced media items from blob. Episerver has built in job for "Abondened media asset in blob" and "clean up assets" but as QBank image is present in both DB and Blob, job does not delete such files. 

I saw a post in forums but not sure if this is safe enough to use it and will delete files which are present in DB and Blob. 

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/CMS/Thread-Container/2017/6/quotremove-abandoned-blobsquot-scheduled-job-doesn39t-remove-all-abandoned-blobs/

Could anyone suggest me a solution or have used above Job safely.

//Sanket

Jun 11, 2021 5:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.