Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Trace says there is no fallback rule from 'sv' to 'en'

Vote:

I'm looking at a site on 11.20.2 where URLs to for example the site's /api/some-custom-endpoint and 404s seem to trigger this trace:
EPiServer.Web.Routing.Segments.Internal.NodeSegment : Due to strict language routing routing, content with id '1' on language 'en' have urlsegment '' was not returned since there is no fallback rule from 'sv' to 'en'

Should I worry about this trace and is there something I can do to stop it from being triggered?

Checking tblLanguageBranch there's the classic mistake of not putting sv as pkID 1 for a site that only has Swedish...

Mar 02, 2021 22:29
Vote:

@Johan, Have you made any progress on this? Were you able to find any solution to this? Or it is considered an informational log and can be ignored? We also see this in our log as we do not have a fallback language site in en.

~ Sujit

Jan 05, 2022 15:27
Vote:

Hi Johan, I don't suppose you have any customized routing setup in the site?

Jan 05, 2022 20:09
Johan Kronberg - Jan 20, 2022 13:49
Hi! There are some partial routers for building URLs with "remote system IDs" where all IDs are handled by the same CMS page.
Paul McGann (Netcel) - Jan 20, 2022 14:28
It sounds like something internal is handling the api route, it might be worth installing the developer tools and investigating which route is handling the api. https://github.com/episerver/DeveloperTools
Vote:

If I turn on globalization UI (o.UIShowGlobalizationUserInterface = true;) and edit the settings for Root page like this it seems like I get rid of the trace:

May 29, 2023 13:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.