Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

UrlResolver Caching / No Updating

Vote:

Hi all,

Has anyone ever come across links generating from the UrlResolver being cached / not updating when the "Name in URL" field is updated. This is on both the local instance of the site and deployed, I've checked using some caching that's dependent on the ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache which is working so I feel that the events system is working. But I change URLs in the CMS and they don't update on the front end. I've checked and there's no caching going on as they use the UrlResolver.GetUrl method as I've used a million time but they don't update.

It's strange and not something I've ever seen before. Any ideas?

Feb 15, 2021 14:49
Vote:

It is a bug and should have been fixed on a later version. I don't remember which but if you upgrade to latest it should be there.

Long story short: Url resolving is one of the most expensive parts, and CMS Core team introduced a way to cache the url to reduce cost. there was the bug as you saw but it was fixed. 

Feb 15, 2021 16:04
Scott Reed - Feb 15, 2021 16:14
Thanks Quan, it's been a while hope you are doing well. I did consider doing an upgrade but I couldn't find the bug ref to see an issue, I'll see if that does the job
Quan Mai - Feb 15, 2021 16:54
Hi yeah I am doing fine. Congrats on the news btw ;)
Vote:

I wrote a blog post about the details and a workaround a couple of months ago. Upgrading to 11.20+ fixes it as well...

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Daniel-Ovaska/Dates/2020/9/improved-url-caching-in-episerver/

Feb 15, 2021 16:39
Scott Reed - Feb 15, 2021 16:44
I actually found your post but when I skimmed it I thought it was a post about creating a cached URL service. I missed the part about the recent upgrade, doh!! But I've upgraded following Quan's suggestion and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks tho
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.