Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Make custom SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor culture specific

Vote:

Hello everyone,

Though this is my first post here, I've used for some time most of the things found on this forum.

I have a simple question for maybe most of you but somehow tricky for me - I have implemented a custom SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor which is doing what is supposed to do, so no problem so far - the only thing is that I would like to know how can I make the emails specified in the admin interface to be culture specific - yes, I'm aware about the admin part where I can set the culture specific checkbox, but I would like to make through code. I found some vague information that this can be done through an initialization module, but not too much details - is there someone who can guide me a bit please?

Thank you.

Feb 05, 2021 11:21
Vote:

Maybe you could create a custom settings page for storing the email text. The page could be translated to different languages.
In your custom email actor, get the correct language version and send the email?

Feb 05, 2021 12:26
Evdin Ursan - Feb 05, 2021 13:02
This would be an option but I would complicate the things a little bit because using the email actor (regardless if it's custom or not) you can personalize the email per form - so I can have a message template for a form and another one for another form.
Vote:

Hi,

If you wanted to make the whole actor language specific, you can do the equivalent of ticking the culture specific box in admin programmatically in an initialisation module like this:

[InitializableModule]
[ModuleDependency(typeof(EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule))]
public class FormsInitialisation : IInitializableModule
{
    public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
    {
        var typeRepo = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IContentTypeRepository>();
        var formContainerType = typeRepo.Load("FormContainerBlock");
        var pdr = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IPropertyDefinitionRepository>();
        var def = formContainerType.PropertyDefinitions.FirstOrDefault(d => d.Name.Equals("CustomSendEmailAfterSubmissionActor"));
        if (def != null)
        {
            var clone = def.CreateWritableClone();
            clone.LanguageSpecific = true;
            pdr.Save(clone);
        }
    }

public void Uninitialize(InitializationEngine context)
    {
    }
}

Alternatively, assuming your custom actor has a custom model, you could add an additional property to that model to allow you to define a language then modify your actor to only send emails with a language that matches the current language. That would make it easier to see at a glance which languages have emails defined.

Feb 05, 2021 13:52
Evdin Ursan - Feb 05, 2021 21:46
Your solution worked perfectly!!! Thank you very much!
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.