Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access permissions for commerce manager pages

Vote:

Hi,

We have updated our solution from EpiServer 7.5 to 11.x. So far so good.

One of the items that were changed as part of the upgrade was moving the Roles feature from Commerce Manager to CMS. 

But in CMS, I cannot find a screen as below, which we used earlier to provide custom page-level access permissions to users.

The closest I found was in CMS -> Admin/Config/Security -> Permissions for Functions. But this view doesn't contain the custom pages that we have added. 

Please help to provide any guidance in applying for page level access permissions in the commerce manager.

Feb 08, 2021 9:38
Vote:

Syed - Sorry did not understand, Custom pages in Commerce Manager? 

You can create pages in CMS  - you define access rights in cms-> admin -> Set access rights.

Once you setup groups  - you can restrict catalogue pages and promotions based on these groups.

Feb 08, 2021 10:46
Vote:

I assume that you are using Commerce 12.x or later. We removed the custom pages in Commerce Manager in a later version. You would need to create equivalent pages in CMS instead. Although it'll be some work, CMS provides much more powerful and flexible tools to create and customize pages. 

Feb 08, 2021 10:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.