Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Delete entries in tblSynchedUser

Vote:

Hi

Is there an Episerver API that enables me to find and delete users in the database table tblSynchedUser. I need this for GDPR concerns.

So far i have looked into the SecurityEntityProvider, and i can get the list of users this way, but can't find any way to actually delete them? Is this possible?

Jan 19, 2021 13:40
Vote:

Which Membership Provider is your site using?

Jan 19, 2021 15:01
Vote:

I've just noticed this too that we had a lot a records in this table.

I think these records were created when using the Marketing module.

Jan 19, 2021 22:58
Vote:

If you are using another membership provider then replace the provider name and try.

UIUserProvider UIUserProvider => ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<UIUserProvider>();
UIUserProvider.DeleteUser("EPi_AspNetIdentityUserProvider", "userName", true);
Jan 20, 2021 10:50
Vote:

Aske, You will have to be very careful here. We need to understand what is tblSynchedUser in EPi is, Have you moved your Identity Provider? Those are your organization users who can log in to your website.
tblSynchedUser store claims, I am not sure data in tblSynchedUser even come under GDPR. If you are a DXP customer, you can raise a support ticket also. EPiServer cares about GDPR issues.

Jan 20, 2021 11:10
Vote:

Hi

We are using OpenID Connect, implemented more or less following this guide https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/security/integrate-azure-ad-using-openid-connect/ 

This means we don't have a built in membership provider.

@Sanjay Kumar I tried your approach, but i get an exception stating "Default Membership Provider must be specified.", which i guess makes sense.

@K Khan I'm not so worried about the data in tblSynchedUser, since the source of truth is our active directory. However, the data lingers after a user has been deleted in our AD - that's why i need a way to clean it up.

Jan 20, 2021 12:40
Vote:

ISynchronizingUserService

is used to synch users, Don't think so any OOB API can be used to delete claims also, You might need a custom service here, starting point could be if you could us some disassemble and have a look at SynchronizingUserService.

These are the following sps I can see in CMS DB
netSynchedUserGetMetadata
netSynchedUserInsertOrUpdate
netSynchedUserList
netSynchedUserMatchRoleList
netSynchedUserRoleEnableDisable
netSynchedUserRoleList
netSynchedUserRolesListStatuses
netSynchedUserRoleUpdate

Jan 20, 2021 12:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.