Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Question on Projects and high volumes of content

Vote:

We have a need to roll out around a large amount of pages over the course of a few months (aprox 10,000).  We are thinking of launching pages in batches of ~500 at a time, on a weekly staggered timeline.

I am thinking that this is the perfect use-case for Projects in Episerver.  Please let me know if you disagree. 

The current plan is to (every week)…

1. Create a new project
  2. Create ~500 pages within the project over the next ~3-5 weeks
  3. Publish the project

We’re thinking of spawning a new project every week to handle this, so really we’ll have 4-5 active projects at a time with batches of content that are being rolled out and published on a staggered timeline.  We do not plan on doing any edits to existing pages within the project, only rolling out new pages (although some human error is inevitable).

For example:

• October 5th – Create Project “Batch 1” and begin content population
  • October 12th – Create Project “Batch 2” and begin content population
  • October 19th – Create Project “Batch 3” and begin content population
  • October 26th – Create Project “Batch 4” and begin content population.  Publish “Batch 1”
  • November 2nd – Create Project “Batch 5” and begin content population.  Publish “Batch 2”
  • etc

Obviously there’s some dependency on content authoring velocity, but this aside from this…

1. Should I anticipate any technical issues with running multiple projects in parallel?
  2. Can projects handle publishing a high volume of pages within each project?
Sep 18, 2020 18:02
Vote:

You could just use access rights to prevent unauthorized user to see the new content before it is finished.

From my experience, some editors find the project feature hard to understand. My advice is to avoid it, if you can.

Sep 18, 2020 19:56
David Knipe - Sep 21, 2020 8:21
Hi Tomas have you seen the latest updates for the Projects? They have been created based on user feedback so I am curious if this would solve your editors problems?
https://world.episerver.com/blogs/grzegorz-wiechec/dates/2020/8/new-improvements-for-projects/
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Sep 21, 2020 8:25
Thanks for reminding me David, I have seen the blogpost but never tried Projects with the updated. Great improvements!

In my experience, the main confusion for inexperienced editors is that they forget they have selected a project. Or they think they are working on a project when they are not.
Vote:

Hi, I think you can go with the Episerver Projects feature.

Sep 21, 2020 7:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.