Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ImageResizer with EPiFocalPoint - images without focal point not cropping correctly

Vote:

I am using EPiServer version 11.14.1.0, with the ImageResizing module installed alongside EPiFocalPoint (both the latest versions). We're experiencing an issue where when we attempt to crop images with a querystring (e.g. ?mode=crop&width=1280&height=720), that the crop result differs when the image has a focal point set and when it doesn't have a focal point set. This is the case for all images we upload.

For example, we have an image with an original resolution of 1136 x 773. After applying the above querystring to this image without adding a focal point to it using the EPiFocalPoint plug-in, the resulting cropped image has a resolution of 1136 x 720 which is correct (seeing as the image isn't stretched to 1280 pixels in width). However, after saving a focal point to the image in the CMS, the resulting cropped image has a resolution of 1136 x 639.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? And if so, are there any known solutions? I want the two results to be consistent with one another. The result of this not being the case is that e.g. sliders on several pages are displaying images in different heights when some have focal points set and others do not. Obviously, we would prefer the images to always have the height we set in the querystring, without having to resort to forcing this in CSS.

Sep 30, 2020 14:00
Vote:

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Oct 06, 2020 8:30
Vote:

Hi, does this happen regardless of where you put focal point?

Oct 08, 2020 6:43
Vote:

Hi valdis, thanks for responding. Yes, this issue occurs no matter where the focal point is placed. It's basically a matter of the crops differing when there is a focal point (red) or when there is no focal point (grey). Adding a focal point should not result in the requested crop dimensions being inaccurate, IMO.

Oct 08, 2020 7:45
Vote:

I'm going to give this one last try, any more thoughts from anyone? Sorry for bumping the thread again.

Oct 13, 2020 8:42
Vote:

I was going to look at this later this week. But there is always a chance for you to spin off source code for the plugins and help hammering out the bugs! :)

Oct 13, 2020 10:21
WilliamP - Oct 29, 2020 10:45
Hi valdis, I was wondering if you have had any spare time to take a look yet? 🙂
Vote:

Checking again to see if valdis (or anyone else) might have some leads on why this bug is occurring? We'd be grateful for any help on this.

Jan 05, 2021 12:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.