Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Forms - how to query the database

Vote:

So we built a form using Episerver forms.    I know it has a CSV export there.    The client wants to automate the processing of these forms outside of episerver by directly querying the sql database to get new records for the day.  

Can you give us some insight into what tables + queries I should be looking at?    I looked in the tblXFormData table but it was blank.   

What db queries do I need to do to recreate the CSV export?   Thanks,

Sep 14, 2020 15:03
Vote:

Hi,

I'd say in an ideal world you should be using the service API rather than accessing the database directly. There are a few reasons to avoid going straight to the DB but, besides anything, the database schema can change between versions without warning so anything directly querying the DB may just stop working one day. You can find more information about the service API approach here:

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/using-forms-serviceapi/

With the warnings out of the way, if you're still set on retrieving data direct from the DB, you'll find a view set up in the database for each of the forms you've created. It'll be named in the format VW_FormData_[GUID OF THE FORM DEFINITION]. That should be able to return you roughly the data you need. The one slight spanner in the works is that the column names are in the format __field_[ID OF THE FIELD ELEMENT]. That hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue but, if you need to look up the IDs, you can find them in tblContentLanguage.

Sep 15, 2020 8:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.