Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to warmp the application into DXP whenever deployed new build

Vote:

Hi Team,

I am currently facing performance issues for first request whenever latest deployed or Web app restarted in DXP.

I am facing performance issue with MVC partial views as well. So always first request is taking min 5 to 10 seconds to load. This is for every partial view request.(i.e. If we have 10 ajax calls then each call first requet taking time).

What is the best way to warmup the application to avoid performance issues with first request. Can someone provide any steps to do it?

Does my partial views issues will also resolve? If we configure warmup steps.

Thanks,

Suresh B

Aug 13, 2020 18:02
Vote:

Hi Suresh

Have you had a read through the Warming up sites documentation page?

Basically, you can hardcode some URLs in web.config that will be warmed up sequentially after deployment. If you do not specify anything, it only warms up the start pages.

Be aware that it does not support sending AJAX requests.

Aug 13, 2020 19:34
Vote:

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

How to fix the Ajax requests(Partial Views) performance issue. Am i missing any configurations here? As per my knowledge, all MVC views render path will be cached. But i am wondering why each & every Partial View taking time to load for first request on every deployment.

Thanks,

Suresh B

Aug 14, 2020 6:51
Vote:

If you don't filter non-AJAX request in you AJAX controllers, then you can use the same approach. What I meant was that if you use the Request.IsAjaxRequest() method to reject non-AJAX requests, then you need to make some hacks to make them warm up.

In my experience the view path and view compilation are not the slowest parts. Loading content items or URLs in your partial views is often the slow part of a first render.

Have you measured which specific parts are slow?

Aug 14, 2020 8:33
Vote:

Hi Stefan,

Issue with every page URL. Always first request of every page URL taking lot of time whenever we deploy or webapp restart.

I have tried to put some loggers and it is taking time on return view.

return view(model);

return PartialView(model);

Below is ticket reference, I also facing exact same issue.

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2016/6/dxc---poor-performance-after-deployment/

Thanks,

Suresh B

Thanks,

Suresh B

Sep 03, 2020 5:24
Vote:

"Return view" can spend time on different things. For instance:

• Finding the view
  • Rendering the view
  • Lazy-loading necessary nested content (blocks, assets etc.)
  • Invoking nested content views (finding, rendering and lazy-loading)

You can try running dotTrace on the solution to see where most of the time is spent. If you find those places and improve them, then first load might be much faster.

Sep 05, 2020 10:31
Vote:

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sure, issue from Finding the view. Because i am testing very basic view(i.e. simple <div>test</div>) which is also taking time on first request.

Sep 07, 2020 5:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.