Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Block name exact match in assets search

Vote:

We have a solution on Episerver DXP with a bunch of pages and blocks. Editors are sometimes looking for blocks via the search field in the assets pane.

What happens is that when they provide the exact block name, 1-1 spelling in the search box, it does not come up in the results. 

The blocks are indexed as I can locate them in the index. How can I boost the results so when the title is an exact match, it's returned, and ideally, high in the list?

Dec 16, 2020 18:04
Vote:

I think you can accomplish this by implementing a custom search provider. I did the same thing, and wanted one single hit when searching for the content id.

Have a look, and see if it helps:

https://www.gulla.net/en/blog/search-for-episerver-page-id/

Dec 17, 2020 13:36
Vote:

Neat! I actually started to looking at the decompiled code and putting something together based on EnterpriseBlockSearchProvider, but this looks very clean. I Will definitely use this as inspiration.

Dec 17, 2020 13:42
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Dec 17, 2020 14:00
I guess you will, perhaps, have to set Area to something other than "CMS/pages".
I'm confident you'll be able to figure ut out, but please post back when you do :-)
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.