Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Way to add Open Graph meta tags to each page?

Vote:

Just need to know is there a feature in the Episerver to add the Open Graph meta tags in Episerver pages?

Because, we need to improve website sharebility on social media like Facebook and LinkedIn.

May 23, 2019 9:10
Vote:

Hi Senura,

You can certainly do that (in fact we do it for most of our sites). You just need to add the relevant properties to your base page type (if your site's based on alloy, the base page type is SitePageData), feed them into your viewmodel and render them in your site layout the same way as you'll be doing for other meta tags (title, keywords, description, etc). I'd recomend keeping meta tags and open graph tags in their own tab in the editor just to keep things neat.

May 23, 2019 10:26
Vote:

Ok Understood. I had the same idea to implement as such. But I thought there might be already something defined in the Episerver when comes to the social media shareability. Thank you. Your descriptive answer is appreciated.

May 23, 2019 10:30
Vote:

A set of great helpers can be found here, it contains HtmlHelpers, objects and such that can make it a bit less work

May 23, 2019 11:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.