Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Campaign SOAP API -> How do you check list for customers who have not opted in yet?

Vote:

I am using the "contains" method to see if a customer exists before inserting them into the recipient list. (documented here: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/campaign/SOAP-API/recipientwebservice/contains/)

The documentation says:

Return values

• true: Recipient already exists
  • false: Recipient does not exist or an entry exists but the opt-in process has not been finished yet (i.e., the double opt-in link has not been clicked)

My question is, is there a way I can check if the recipient exists in even if the opt-in process has not been finished yet? I couldn't find this in the documentation.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2019 12:53
Vote:

Hey Stephen 

I have a feeling this is by design, if a user hasn't opted in then as far as the system is concerned they don't exist so we shouldn't be able to check anything to do with their data, as the user hasn't guaranteed to have given us permission to use it (i.e. the double opt in).

David

Mar 19, 2019 16:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.