Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Personalize page specific blocks

Vote:

I have an Article page which displays a list of articles and these articles are blocks on that page.When a user naviates to the page, I want to be able to show the blocks based on users access level.

Currently EpiServer allows personalization of block if it was a created under for all sites but doesn't allow personalize user groups or visitor groups if the blocks were created under for this page option.

Any way to get around this?

Nov 11, 2019 20:38
Vote:

I am not sure this is the right assumption, Block created unders "For This Page" can also be personalized.

I didn't find any way to personalize private Block as Editors just show them as part of page as a group.

/K

Nov 11, 2019 21:29
Vote:

Hi Dileep,

I think Episerver don't have restriction of folders for the personalization

Nov 12, 2019 11:05
Vote:

Access rights to blocks creates in «for this page» is the same as the parent page. For blocks created under «for all sites», access rights might be set for one specific block. The property «Visible to.... mange» in all properties view controls this.

Workaround: stop creating blocks in «for this page».

Edited, Nov 12, 2019 11:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.