Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to add new properties on the CMS Create User Screen

Vote:

Hi,

How we can extend the properties of create user in admin panel of CMS? I want to add new properties to the create user screen i.e. CMS/Admin/Create User

Regards,

Manik

Oct 20, 2019 17:45
Vote:

Adding the new property to the user profile is easily done in web.config. Extending the user admin dialog will take some more work.

Have a look at: https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Stefan-Forsberg/Dates/2009/5/Adding-a-connected-Company-field-to-an-EPiServer-user--A-love-story/

Oct 20, 2019 21:44
Mark Stott - Aug 02, 2023 10:01
This was just what I needed for a CMS 11 build. Will be interesting to see if and how this works with CMS 12.
Vote:

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your quick response. I have tried implemented as shown in the link you have shared. What would be the best practice to include new fields which are not part of the exisitng user profile.

<profile defaultProvider="DefaultProfileProvider">
<properties>
<add name="Address" type="System.String" />
<add name="ZipCode" type="System.String" />
<add name="Locality" type="System.String" />
<add name="Email" type="System.String" />
<add name="FirstName" type="System.String" />
<add name="LastName" type="System.String" />
<add name="Language" type="System.String" />
<add name="Country" type="System.String" />
<add name="Company" type="System.String" />
<add name="Title" type="System.String" />
<add name="CustomExplorerTreePanel" type="System.String" />
<add name="FileManagerFavourites" type="System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]" />
<add name="EditTreeSettings" type="EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" />
<add name="ClientToolsActivationKey" type="System.String" />
<add name="FrameworkName" type="System.String" />
</properties>
<providers>
<add name="DefaultProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultProfileProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" applicationName="/" />
</providers>
</profile>

Is it possible to add other properties , so that they can stored in database.

Regards,

Manik

Oct 22, 2019 13:32
Vote:

The first question you should ask yourself is if you really want to use the legacy provider system or switch to asp.net identity or a federated setup instead. Using the membership and profile providers will in my experience only lead to pain and suffering.

Oct 22, 2019 13:55
Vote:

I did similar kind of thing in some project using Entity Framwork. That was more easier for to use. :)

But we have more options as Thomas suggested. You can choose any of them.

Oct 22, 2019 15:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.