Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Configure edit mode search fields to use Episerver.Search instead of Find

Vote:

We recently added a search on our site using Episerver Find, and as part of that we made some sigificant changes to the indexing, such as excluded all files except PDFs, excluded all blocks and all pages that did not inherit from a SearchableBasePage we created. As it turns out the search fields inside edit mode, the global search in the top right, asset search for blocks and media files and page search above the page tree, are all using the same Find index. This has rendered them mostly useless, only able to find PDFs and "searchable" pages.

As a quick fix I enabled the built-in Episerver.Search, did a reindex, and that seems to have solved the issue with finding blocks and media files both from the global- and asset search. But the page search remains hell bent on only searching for pages in the Episerver Find index.

Is there any way I can force the edit mode searches to use the built-in Episerver.Search rather than Find? And if anyone could shed some light on the logic behind how it decides which one to use that would also be much appreciated.

Oct 17, 2019 15:13
Vote:

I believe you can re-arrange the order of search provider by using this 

provider with higher priority will be used first 

Oct 22, 2019 10:39
Vote:

You may also implement your own searchprovider, like described here: https://blog.novacare.no/episerver-pagetree-search-problem/

Oct 22, 2019 12:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.