Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot change the order of available content types when creating pages. Sorts in alphabetical order.

Vote:

I am unable to change the order of available page types in edit mode when creating new pages.

I have tried in code to change "order" for the content type (see code below), but the pages are sorted in alphabetical order no matter what I do. If I change the page types Display Name, the order changes.

Is there a setting i´m missed to change order from alphabetic to index?

[ContentType(
        GUID = "ce73b558-c476-485c-aedc-6edaf055efc2",
        DisplayName = "Lokal Page",
        Description = "Page for locals",
        Order = 20,
        GroupName = Global.GroupNames.Local,
        AvailableInEditMode = true)]
Oct 25, 2019 11:12
Vote:

The api calls Epi makes sorts the contentypes by group and then by sortorder.

In the Dojo-component (ContentTypeListViewModel) the content types are always sorted by localizedName.

One quite dirty solution could be to hook into the default behavior in an initializer-script for your site (<clientModule initializer="your.custominitializer">).

_overrideContentTypeListViewModel: function () {
    lang.extend(ContentTypeListViewModel, {
        _sortContentTypesBase: ContentTypeListViewModel.prototype._sortContentTypes,
        _sortContentTypes: function (types) {
            // Call base/original method
            this._sortContentTypesBase(types);

if (types && types.length > 1) {
                // Your custom adjustments to the types-array

You could even skip calling/storing the base-method but either way it's not future proof but the simplest way I could find to get it working.

The API will not return any information about sort order in it's model unfortunently.

Oct 30, 2019 13:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.