Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

BVNetwork.EPi404 very strange problem - ghostly redirects

Vote:

I have a very strange problem with BVNetwork.EPi404.

Our setup is dual server, with a public site fed by the event system from the admin site. A particular redirect was deleted from Custom Redirects Manager over a week ago, yet on the admin server the redirect "still works", redirecting to the page originally specified in the long deleted redirect. On the live server the redirect redirects to some other page. The same page every time but not the one specified in the deleted redirect. I checked the database table and the redirect really is deleted. I have tried restarting IIS on both servers, but the ghostly redirect persists.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be happening here?

I should add that all the other redirects work correctly as intended.

The episerver version is 11.5.3

Edited, Oct 23, 2019 14:40
Vote:

Hi Binraider,

It should be removed but if it is still redirecting then you can have a look in web.config and make sure the redirect that you talking about is not defined in the web.config.

Oct 23, 2019 14:49
Vote:

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for that, there was indeed a redirect in the web.config on the public/live server. However once i removed it the ghostly redirect now redirects to the same page on both admin and public servers. So we are no nearer to the real problem.

Oct 23, 2019 15:16
Vote:

Hi,

Can you also verify in settings tab that you have not configured the Sortcut in Settings tab fro that page?

For more information see this doc

https://www.bbb.org/globalassets/quick-guides/redirectingpageswithinepiserver.pdf

Oct 25, 2019 4:44
Vote:

Hi Praful,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Setting the shortcut for the intended target page works correctly on the admin server, but on the public server that same "simple address" leads to a redirect to a wrong page.

Regards,

Marshall

Oct 25, 2019 9:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.