Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Version.Json

Vote:

Hey,

Why is Episerver calling home to get the current Episerver version when rendering non admin pages?  

Aug 08, 2018 13:25
Vote:

Hi Adam, not direcctly answering your question but you are aware why that version.json is needed - see this older forum thread where Dmytro Duk from Episerver answers another question while explaining the need for that. Also this Episerver support article.

I assume your screen shot is from Stackify Prefix(?), if you keep reloading that page will it on each request download the version.json?

Aug 08, 2018 19:24
Vote:

Hey,

Thanks for replying.  It seems to happen when I edit a template on dev, on production I think I had it run around 100 times a week in the last 3 weeks.  Looking at that support article, it talks about version.js but then links to a blog that talks about 2 other js files.  I wouldn't mind but the page in question is a front end facing webpage and does not contain find queries so I am a little confused why it is slowing down my page requests.  If it was on the admin view, it would make sense. We are a couple of versions behind on Find so maybe it is fixed in a later version.

Aug 08, 2018 20:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.