Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Manual changes to the [tblContentProperty] overwritten after the page is re-published

Vote:

Hi,

I know that it is not recommended way to work with content.

Anyway - I have to do kind of String.Replace over the content of 1000+ pages. The guys had idea to use DB directly to make it as a fast and easy update.

I am simply replacing one string by another in the [tblContentProperty] table. After the caches drop (no IIS restart, etc.) - everything looks fine and you can see the new content there.

However, afterwars there could be performed some actions (by Content Editors or Scheduled Jobs) that may publish content on those pages. And the string gets reverted back even if it was not touched by those actions.

Jul 30, 2018 15:09
Vote:

Have a feeling that chanign the [tblWorkContentProperty] in parallel fixes the issue...

Jul 30, 2018 15:37
Vote:

So basically [tblContentProperty] updates only published content so the data will survive until the next publish. When you see the page in edit mode - the old content will be shown.

To do a correct replacement - you have to update both [tblContentProperty] for published content and [tblWorkContentProperty] for drafts.

Aug 14, 2018 9:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.