Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Copy Blocks in Episerver programmatically and saving then in the content folder "For this page"

Vote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to copy a block to another page that will be migrated. The "copied" block should be saved in the content folder "For this page"

What is the best approach?

var textContainerClone = textContainer.CreateWritableClone() as IContent;

textContainerClone.ContentGuid = Guid.Empty;
textContainerClone.ParentLink = null;

this._contentRepository.Save(textContainerClone);

I get the following error if I copy the block by code or in the cms:

Failed to copy page 'In the Field with GE Healthcare India' to 'In the Field With GE Healthcare India'.:[Importing content 71077_158727] Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source

There is another way to do this?

Thank you

Edited, Jun 04, 2018 14:57
Vote:

In short if you want to copy a block to some content asset folder I suggest you do as:

1. Use ContentAssetHelper.GetOrCreateAssetFolder (will give you the "For this page" folder)
  2. Copy the block to the folder using IContentRepository.Copy method (where source is a reference to the block to copy and detination is a reference to the folder you get from step 1)
Jun 07, 2018 9:35
Vote:

Something like this

var repo = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IContentRepository>();
var forAllSites = ContentReference.GlobalBlockFolder;

var newBlockInstance = repo.GetDefault<BlockType>(parentLink: forAllSites) as IContent;

Jan 09, 2020 14:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.