Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Primary domain not used when using the "View on website" link in EPi

Vote:

Hi Episerver

We access Episerver CMS from a different domain than the website is normally loaded from. This works great since you in Manage websites can define with domain you want as your "Primary" domain and which one you want to use as your "Edit" domain.

However, when we are in Episerver on episerver.website.com (the Edit domain) I would expect to be taken to www.website.com (the Primary domain) when I click the "View on website" link under the Options dropdown in the top right corner.

Is there a way to achieve this, or a reason why it is not working like this?

If it is a bug, it would be amazing to have it fixed, since it would make our editors lives easier.

Sep 14, 2017 13:01
Vote:

Hi,

That's a bug and you can find it here: CMS-3066. It's fixed in CMS UI 11 which we haven't released yet, so keep your eyes open for it :D

Sep 14, 2017 17:02
Vote:

Ahh, thank you John-Philip for pointing it out :) That's great. We keep our installation up-to-date, so I am looking forward to this fix being released.

Sep 15, 2017 9:10
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.